- General information
What are cookies? Cookies are information stored by the browser when a website is visited with any suitable device (such as a computer, tablet, or smartphone). Each cookie contains different data (for example, the name of the server from which it comes, a numeric identifier, etc.), can remain in the system for the duration of a session (or until the browser is closed) or for long periods, and can contain a unique identification code.
What are they used for? Cookies are used for different purposes depending on their type: some are strictly necessary for the correct functionality of a website (technical cookies), while others optimise their performance to offer a better user experience or allow to acquire statistics on the use of the site, such as analytical cookies or to display personalised advertising, such as profiling cookies.
Consent: the data controllers, within their respective competences, using a technical cookie, can store any provision of user consent.
How can they be disabled? It is possible to disable cookies both through the browser settings (see the "How to disable cookies? General information" section) and through the mechanisms made available by some third parties.
- Types of cookies used on the website
Analytical cookies (third party): they are used for the aggregate analysis of visits to the website through the use of a third-party service.
Profiling cookies (third party): they are used to create user profiles and are used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the user during web browsing, through the use of a third party service.
- Types of cookies used on the website
Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/intl/it_ALL/analytics/learn/privacy.html and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (for disabling - opt-out);
Google Inc.: http://www.google.com/intl/it_ALL/analytics/learn/privacy.html and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (for disabling - opt-out);
- How are cookies disabled? General information
Control via browser: The browsers commonly used (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) accept cookies by default, but the user can change this setting at any time. This applies to both computers and mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones. This is a generally and widely supported function.
Therefore, cookies can easily be disabled or disabled by accessing the options or preferences of the browser used and generally only third-party cookies can be blocked; in general, these options will be effective only for that browser and on that device, unless options are active to unify the preferences on different devices. Specific instructions can be found on the options or help page of the browser. However, disabling technical cookies can affect the full and/or correct functioning of various websites, including this website.
As a rule, the browsers currently used:
- offer the "Do not track" option, which is supported by some websites (but not all). In this way, some websites may no longer collect certain browsing data;
- offer the option of anonymous or incognito browsing. In this way, data will not be collected in the browser and the browsing history will not be saved, but the browsing data will still be acquired by the operator of the website visited;
- allow to delete cookies stored in whole or in part, but, they are normally installed during a new visit to the website if this possibility is not blocked.
Below are the links to the most popular browser support pages (with instructions on disabling cookies on these browsers):
- Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Attivare%20e%20disattivare%20i%20cookie);
- Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies);
- Safari (iOS) (https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=it_IT);
- Chrome (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it).
Third-party cookies: third party cookies can be disabled with the method described above or by referring to each third party (by going to the links indicated in the section above).
On-line instruments: Please note that information on cookies can be acquired from the website http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/ as well as to verify the installation of the numerous cookies on your browser or device and, where supported, and information on how to deactivate them.